1. At the end of August, several of us participated in the Stratodynamics 2013 International Workshop at Nagasaki University, Japan.
- Many presenters have uploaded their talks and posters on the informative site www.stratodynamics.org on the Presentations page.
- Watch bedforms formed by supercritical density currents posted by H. Naruse: Video of bedforms formed by supercritical density currents
- Three photo albums of experimental set-up and the meeting are shared on the Sediment Experimentalist Google+ page.
2. The SEN Challenge is still open! Help us grow our community presence through online sites and other networking activities. Most tasks only take a minute or two. SEN will award travel support to one of the highest-ranking student participants - all you need to do is complete as many tasks as you can, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with your finished tasks.
3. For those of you attending the December AGU, keep your eye out for our Town Hall: “Building a Sediment Experimentalist Network”, it will likely be a mid-week lunch spot, but the official schedule will be published in October. We’ll give an update of our activities and share resources and information about best practices experimental methods and data storage, archiving, and dissemination.
The Sediment Experimentalist Team